2009-04-02

Turn of shame

You all probably know of the 'walk of fame', and the term 'walk of shame'. The 'turn of shame' is maybe not as known to the large masses, but in my life it is a frequent thing. It is when you have sorted the mail wrong on a villa street and you have to do a 180 to go back to the mailbox you just left. To me this sucks, mostly cause I like to think that I am rather careful when I sort the mail and hence should not make such mistakes and now I show to anyone out there that 'hey! look at me, I made a mistake!!!'. (This is of-course related to my total lack of self esteem, (a subject that I have been meaning to write about but have not been able to make it funny enough to publish here...)).
The 'turn of shame' does have a nastier cousin, the 'turn of even more shame', this is when you give the mail directly to the person living at an address, say 'good day' with a smile and drive of, and then realize that you have to do a 180. This just screams incompetent idiot loud enough so that everyone can hear.

No comments: