2012-03-27

Art project

In one of the parks that we frequently visits there is a 'talk pipe'. A pipe buried in the ground, about 20 m long, with open ends where two people can talk to each other as if they were close by. Like the ones on submarines (or like the once that used to exist on submarines, I hope that they have come up with something a little bit more high-tech by now). It is fun for kids of all ages!

For a long time now I have thought about placing some type of recording device down that pipe and then making an art exhibit where I play the nuggets that I am sure to get. I do expect that most of the conversations that takes place are just kids playing around and that can be fun, but now and again I bet that adults say stuff they expect to be private. Stuff worth recording.

No comments: