2014-04-01

Soda -> Stupid in da head

Today I commented that 'Well, wasn't that unnecessary?' to one of the ~10 year old kids in the park that just kicked on his empty soda bottle so that it broke against a bench. 'Yea, wasn't it?' one of his compadres replied. He started to pick the pieces up and I left them sitting there, probably thinking I was stupid and what not. Minutes later they were all gone and I noticed that the broken bottle was still on the ground, together with one other and a soda can that was twisted so that sharp pieces of metal protruded from it.
The only explanation I can come up with is that soda makes you fucking stupid in the head. There should really be an age limit for buying that shit, or maybe it should be banned all together.

1 comment:

mattiaseklund said...

I have been thinking of this since I wrote it. What could I have done differently? I could have asked them where they lived and walked over to their parents and talked to them. But I hardly think that would accomplish anything - their parents are probably big contributors to the trash on the streets themselves. I could have stood over them and made them pick the glass up, my height and beard and shaved head can put some fright into some punk kids I suppose, But I did have my own kids with me and they were trying to get my attention.
What I wanted to do was to grab their ear and give them a stern shouting to...
Where is the respect? Respect of your elders, respect of your fellow kids who play in the park, respect of the environment? Where is the fucking respect?
I have also considered what would happen if I came upon the gang again but I have no answers. There is nothing I can do. Nothing.