2008-09-18

Oh man

Apple, in their infinite wisdom, decided to send me the replacement drive with UPS. That would have been nice, IF I did not have a job and hence would be home all day. UPS was here at noon today and left me a note saying that 'hm, you were not here. We will come again tomorrow at the same time.' A call to them proved to be pointless. They could not come later than five. They could not say when they would arrive, just that it would be some time between 9 and 17. They could not deliver to another address, if I wanted that I would have to talk to Apple and have them change the delivery address. (I did call apple, and unfortunately the guys that take care of that stuff had quit for the day. I would have to call back tomorrow (why he could not write down the alternate address and send the guys an email I don't know)). I could travel to Västerås and pick up the package there if I wanted. Thats easy when I don't have a car. And am hard at work when they are opened.
I am amazed over the fantastic delivery service that they provide. Amazed. I will use UPS for all my future package deliveries.

No comments: