2011-09-26

Stupid criminals Or maybe it is me

We took a hike through the woods today and picked some shrooms. We used our new double stroller to get to the woods and then Tage walked on his own and I carried Knut in a BabyBjörn. To stop the thieves at least a little I locked the wheel with an old lock and then left the stroller next to a well travelled path. When we got back we noticed that someone had rummaged through the contents in the stroller, probably searching for anything of value, but luckily he/she struck out. When we walked home I could not make up my mind if I thought less of the thief for going through our things or for the fact that he/she was so bad at the job that they couldn't even pick the crappy lock and steal the entire thing (which is worth muchos dineros).

And now I am blogging about it, which reminds me of the time when someone broke in and stole some petty cash from the Hilbert (the break room for the physics students in Gothenburg) store room. We laughed about that the next day, about the fact that the serious money was located just under the tray with the petty cash, and the stupid criminal had missed it. Of course the room was burgled again the next night and all the money was gone. So, if we should learn anything from that story it means that we can not take our expensive stroller out to the forest again, cause the criminal will read this and realize his/her mistake and take the entire thing the next time. 

No comments: