2008-08-26

250 orchids

There was a documentary on the tv of a man with about two hundred and fifty orchids at home. It was not me. I bought two new ones this Sunday, bringing my orchid count up to a measly eight. It would be fun to learn more, to get the ones I have to flourish and to get some more 'difficult' plants to take care of. But I do not want to become that guy, the guy whos whole life revolves around his plants.

Speaking of flowers. We took the train to Stockholm on Saturday to get some Indian food. After a visit to 'Japanska torget' where I bought some bowls and Odon noodles we had some great food at Garamasala close to the library in said town. It was a long time since I was that stuffed. But that is not point. The point is that about ten percent of the people walking by as we were eating was carrying bouquets of long flowers. Maybe there was a sale somewhere close, I don't know, but it just felt strange. Maybe someone was playing a strange and subtle prank on me.

Once again speaking of flowers, it took the entire summer and a couple of weeks into the fall, but finally someone has been messing with my flowers on the French balcony. They have been left alone, to my huge astonishment, but now one of the cacti is missing. I do hope that the culprit got stung in the process of stealing it. I also hope that he finds the note I put up (begging for the safe return of the cactus) funny and then plays along and returns it. It is also very possible that he goes the other way and takes another flower. That would also be funny. To return the cactus and take another flower would probably be the most humourous alternative.

No comments: