2009-10-24

Memories

We lived in a yellow house with two floors. The stairway to the bottom floor was in a 90 degree angle and had a small shelf at the same level as the top floor. One time we played hide and seek, me my sister and my dad. I can hardly remember any time that I played with my dad, sure we went skiing, fishing, riding bikes etc etc, but I do not have many memories where we played. Anyhow, this time we were playing hide and seek and my dad was hiding and we searched the entire house. Every room, under all the beds, in all the closets, we ran up and down the stairs several times but he was nowhere to be found. I can not remember clearly but I suppose that we finally had to yell 'olly olly oxen free' and the game was over. When he came out from his hiding place we asked him where he had been and we could hardly believe that all that time he had been standing on that small shelf over the stairs and that we hadn't found him. This is a memory that I really cherish.

No comments: