2010-01-01

Quiz answer #5

Ok, so I couldn't the answer to this one, but I thought that I would watch the movie to get it. But then I could not find it on my computer, nor among the cd's. So I were quite convinced that I could find it in the storage room in the cellar, on vhs. Said and done, I went down there moved around all the boxes searching for the video player and tapes. Upon finding them I proceeded to carry it all up-stairs, then I spent twenty minutes searching for a power cord and a scart cable, found one but not the other.. Then I started to look through the tapes to locate the film. But of course could not find it. Hence I had to google for the scrpt (sorry, now tage wants to take an active role in the typing, so there mi''ght be more errors than usual... )

All this said, this is what Brian wrote:
"Romanes Eunt Domus" - 'People called Romanes they go the house'
while the correct grammar would be
"Romani Ite Domum" - 'Romans go home'

Many creds to mjn who almost nailed it (had 'Romani' instead of 'Romanes' in the first line) and gets two points. m were close enough for the bad grammar version and gets one point.

No comments: