2008-05-23

Darn it #2

One person. One person was at their mailbox today, and I handed her the magazine that was hers. Or, more correctly, I thought was for her. I try to do my job carefully and accurately. I take pride in that. I mean, I check before I put something down a mailbox that the address is correct, just to double check that I sorted correctly. And on the entire round, I had made no mistake. Until I got to the house where she was standing. Maybe it was that I had to interact with her or something, I don't know, but at this house I only checked the number on the address, which was correct, and then handed the magazine to her. And of course it was wrong. It was for an entirely different street. The error was corrected, and she got the right mail, but why, why darn it, did the only error that I did today (cough cough) have to happen at the house where someone was standing?

No comments: