2008-07-30

A lost generation??

Was sitting on a bench on the central street the other day. I was trying to figure out if there was a computer store near by. The one I knew about was closed until two, and that was two hours into the future (yea, this was only to let you know that I work silly short days right now) and I did not want to wait that long. So, I was sitting there looking kind of strange I suppose when two teenage girls sit down on a bench facing mine. 20 cm from one of the girls is a trash bin. They have bought a burger and a drink at the big m. The burger looks really distasteful, just like a big m burger is supposed to look I suppose. The girl with the drink takes up a straw and peels of the paper wrapper and, like it is the totally natural thing to do drops the paper on the street. She then takes up a second straw and peels of the paper wrapper which she of course also drops on the street. Now, ok, this is my pet peeve, and maybe I just need to relax, but this really gets to me. Something is fucked up if people don't even consider to throw the trash in the bin that is twenty fucking cm away. I stayed there for a bit of time, contemplating if I should say anything, and when I decided not to I tried to get them to understand that I thought they were idiots by esp. They must have thought that I was some mental patient or something, but I am really just a guy that thinks trash belongs in the trash bin and not on the fucking street. Anyhow, I ended up going home, having the thought 'this town needs a centrally placed computer store that is opened on normal business hours' in my head.

No comments: