2008-10-17

Last day

Today was the last day that I delivered mail on one of my rounds. We will start to deliver to Torshälla in a week or so, and I will have a route there. It was my heaviest day that I lost and for that I feel sad. The thing is however, that now I have all this information in my head, I almost know where all the people live, I know all the codes, I know the shortcuts. I have all this (now) useless information in my head and don't know what do do with it, or how to get rid of it for that matter.

A rather amusing thing happened today. I was sitting on my bike waiting for my successor whom I am trying to relay all the mentioned information to when a car stops a little behind me. It starts to back up, rather fast, and I notice that it is a Posten car. It reverses for more than a hundred meters at quite high speed, and a lorry has to stop so that they do not collide. Then it turns in at a house and almost hits another car in the process. When the lorry finally can drive on I see that it comes from Svensk Direktreklam. The density of mailmen was high at Lohegatan today.

No comments: