2008-12-28

Temporary loss

I can not really explain it, but I lost my eye a while back. My photographic eye that is. I read in a book a couple of years back that a good photographer sees images everywhere, and even if that has never been true for me I have often been close. I have been able to push myself, to force my mind into the camera so that I see the world around me as possible shots. Sometimes I also think up projects that I can ponder for weeks before I try to realize them. But for some time now it has been hard. In part I think it is due to that I have become to critical of my own work. I can not produce images good enough for my own critical mind, and because of this it is not all that fun to pick up the camera. I hope that this is a temporary thing, that my standards change so that I can at least appreciate some of the work I produce.

No comments: