2008-12-30

OMG

I fell in through the door after more than nine hours of hard labor today. This is the catalog season and Ellos hit us hard today with huge piles of 1.1 kg heavy catalogs. It was rough, not only due to all the heavy lifts and worn down fingers, but also mentally. After falling on the hall rug I rolled into the kitchen and curled up into a small ball. In this position I stayed almost thirty minutes before I was able to shed my clothes and take a long hot shower. Naked and clean I tumbled into bed and slept like a baby for a couple of hours. It was truly wonderful. Now there is rest. No work. But it is still there, in my mind, the heavy piles that waits in the darkness, waits to be delivered on Friday. And I also know that on top of that, another big load is on its way in. It is tough. The days off are not as sweet as they ought to be.

No comments: