2008-04-09

Soup #24

Roasted tomatoes and chili soup with olive creme fraishe
After the total fiasco with the last tomato soup (#18) the hopes for this one might not have been that high. And maybe cause of this I did not pay full attention and hence I did not follow the recipe to the last letter, and used less tomatoes than I was supposed to. (I know, this is bad, but who is going to stop me??? OK OK I will not deviate from the recipe ever again I promise!!). Anyhow, the tomatoes (600g of plum tomatoes) was gutted, put in a pan, sprinkled with some olive oil and some sugar, and then with roasted in the oven together with a red chili (and the garlic which was not supposed to be roasted, but I did it anyway) for 45 minutes (the garlic and chili was only in for about half the time).

One onion was sliced in pieces and set to simmer in olive oil. When the onion is soft (make sure that it does not turn dark) the gut of the tomatoes was added, together with the roasted tomatoes, garlic, skinned and de-seeded chili, 5dl of water. It was then set to simmer for 15 minutes during which the olive creme fraishe was prepared.

The soup was mixed and then sent through a strainer (keep the thing that goes through the strainer, throw away the things that get stuck in it!) back into a saucepan and spiced up with 2 table spoons of lime juice, salt and pepper and a knifes edge of cayenne pepper. Oh, and during the whole procedure I also baked some baguettes.

The result?? Oh yea! This was good. Saligt gott, jättegott.

No comments: