2008-04-10

Trip, Cranes and Deer

Traveled down to see my folks last weekend, and the day before my brother-in-law sent me an email asking if I wanted to rent a car and go via Nyköping and buy a boat engine for him. The confusion started early, by my miss-understanding of the time to pick up the engine. I thought that 8-8:30 would be the time they opened, but it was the time that they were opened. And by 8:30 I was just rolling out of E-tuna. After some calls It was settled that someone would be there by 11 to handle the deal, no real problem, it just meant that I had all the time in the world to get to Nyköping, and that I would arrive in Göteborg later in the day. Hence I had time to stop and take a couple of photos of the Cranes that I saw on the way, which I managed to do before I scared them away. I also took some photos of some deer, just before I scared them away. And of a woodpecker, which I then scared away. I have to improve my sneaking skills if I am to get any better on this animal photography that I spend so much time on now-days. I also have to get a better tripod. I got to Nyköping almost an hour before eleven, so I took a fika and waited. Then I waited by the place for the guy to show, and thought that all men over thirty was the guy, which it was not. So I tried to call him, which I could since I had the number in a sms (my phone is crappy and can not dial 7/8/9's), but the number was not listed anymore. So I called my sister and asked her to call my brother-in-law and tell him to call me. He did and then he got in contact with the first guy who would get in contact with the second guy who got there ten minutes later, handed me the engine and all was well and done. But when I was leaving the place I had been parked in by some dude, Jimmy, who had his phone number on the side of the car. But I could not call him cause of the phone, and nothing happned when I honked my horn, so I asked the man with the engine if he could call, he was parked in as well. He did, but the phone was busy. Half an hour later the parking guard shows up and Jimmy comes running and of to Göteborg I was.

The rest of the trip was uneventful, except that I am now a year older and a set of fly fishing gear richer.

No comments: